Please read the following terms and conditions carefully.
By accessing the CE intelligence Portal and Databases (hereafter “the Portal”) of Caribbean Export Development Agency (hereafter “Caribbean Export”), users agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions and to periodically review these terms and conditions and to be bound by any future modifications as advised on the CE Intelligence Portal and Databases: http://www.ceintelligence.com/.
1. The Portal can be accessed directly at http://www.ceintelligence.com/. Caribbean Export holds the copyright to the CE Intelligence Portal and Databases.
2. Access to the Portal is granted to users and partner organisations in any country on a non-exclusive basis.
3. Access to the Portal is by way of a username/password. Access is currently free of charge to users until further notice. Caribbean Export reserves the right to change the nature of this relationship at any time.
4. Caribbean Export reserves the discretionary right to grant temporary access to the Portal without justification or prejudice to the future implementation of Caribbean Export’s official portal subscription options and fees for these selected users.
5. Users are responsible for any use of their account under their user ID (username) or password by any person or entity. Users are further responsible for ensuring that any use of their account complies fully with the provisions of these terms and conditions. Users are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of their user ID and their password.
6. Caribbean Export reserves the right to revoke a user’s access to the Portal in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions.
7. Except in circumstances outside its control, Caribbean Export is responsible for ensuring the effective and timely access by users to the Portal. The Helpdesk will operate and maintain the Portal during Barbados’ working hours, unless otherwise agreed.
8. The user acknowledges that while the Portal allows the user to develop certain reports, Caribbean Export is not responsible for any trade policy position developed using the Portal.
9. Caribbean Export shall have the sole and exclusive right, at any time, to alter or amend these terms and conditions or to otherwise change, modify or amend the terms and conditions applicable to use of the Portal. Caribbean Export shall have the sole and exclusive right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Portal, including but not limited to content, functionality, hours of availability, and hardware or telecommunications equipment, software or services needed for access or use. Caribbean Export will provide reasonable notice to users of any changes, modifications or amendments to these terms and conditions via mail or email; however, any use of the Portal by users after any such changes, modifications, or additions shall be governed by these terms and conditions.
10. Users are solely responsible for obtaining, maintaining and all costs associated with any telephone, computer hardware and software, modems, telecommunications connections, and/or other equipment and/or services which are or may be needed for access to and use of the Portal.
11. Users expressly acknowledge and agree that any and all use of the Portal’s analysis tools is at their sole risk. Neither Caribbean Export nor any of their respective employees, agents, third-party content providers, or licensors warrant that access to and use of the Portal will be free from interruptions or free from errors; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Portal, or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any information or service provided through the Portal.
12. Users further expressly acknowledge and agree that information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks provided to users through the Portal and located on other sites throughout the combined global electronic networks known as the Internet and the world-wide-web are provided solely as a resource and a convenience to Users. Such hyperlinks to other sites are not an endorsement by the Caribbean Export of those sites. Caribbean Export makes no warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of such information, text, graphics, and hyperlinks. Caribbean Export has not tested any software located on other sites and does not make any representations as to the quality, safety, reliability or suitability of such software. the Portal is provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
13. In no event shall Caribbean Export be liable to users or any other person for any loss of business or profits, or for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of any use of, or inability to use, the Portal, even if Caribbean Export was previously advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any other claim by users or any other person.
14. The information contained in this Portal is for general guidance on topics selected by the user. Such information is provided on a blind-basis, without any knowledge as to your industry, identity or specific circumstances. The application and impact of relevant laws will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. There may also be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in information contained in this Portal. The information on this Portal is provided with the understanding that the user and various authors and publishers’ providing such information are not engaged in, and that providing such information does not constitute the rendering of legal, accounting, tax, career or other professional advice or services. As such, information on this Portal should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for direct consultation with professional advisors.
15. Users acknowledge and agree that the delivery system used for the Portal, i.e., the Internet and the World Wide Web, are unpredictable and may, from time to time, impede access to the Portal. Users acknowledge and agree that Caribbean Export is in no way responsible to users in any way whatsoever for any interference with the use of or access to the Portal and users expressly waive and forever discharge and release any and all claims against Caribbean Export in connection therewith.
16. Caribbean Export may terminate these terms and conditions at any time by providing reasonable prior notice to users. Without derogating from or otherwise limiting the foregoing, Caribbean Export shall have the right to immediately terminate these terms and conditions and/or users rights to use the Portal in the event of any breach by users of these terms and conditions.
17. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be settled by an agreed mode of dispute resolution, including but not limited to arbitration, which shall be the exclusive mode of resolving disputes hereunder. Nothing contained in or related to these terms and conditions shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of Caribbean Export.
18. All users are authorised to consult and download (within specified limits) data and analysis from the Portal for their own non-commercial usage. Unless with the prior written authorization from Caribbean Export, users acknowledge and agree that they must not: resell or redistribute the data. The source of the data must be acknowledged and cited in the following way: “CE Intelligence Portal, Caribbean Export Development Agency. www.ceintelligence.com “.
Caribbean Export Development Agency
1st Floor Baobob Towers
St. Michael’ BB22026, Barbados
Tel: 1 (246) 436-0578
Fax: 1 (246) 436-9999